Players are the representatives for their line in Endgame.
There are twleve lines who were originally created by the "Keplers," who all of humanity are descended from. For the Players that die, the entirety of their line will also die in the Event, with only the winners' line surviving.
The Players must be thirteen to twenty years of age. Once they turn twenty they are considered ineligible, and another is chosen. Players can also become ineligible due to injury, such is the case with Tate Alopay.
The Players are not chosen hereditarily, as in a parent was a Player so therefore their child also is, but instead seems to be chosen by line "Elders" and past Players, based upon skill.
The Twelve Lines Edit
- Mu - Represented by Chiyoko Takeda.
- The second line, so ancient the name has been forgotten so Kepler 22b names it Mu.
- Based in China
- La Tène Celt - Represented by Aisling Kopp.
- The third Line
- Based in Switzerland, followed by New York
- Minoan - Represented by Marcus Loxias Megalos.
- The fifth line
- Based in Turkey
- Nabataen - Represented by Maccabee Adlai.
- The eighth line.
- Based in Poland
- Dongu - Represented by Baitsakhan.
- The thirteenth line
- Based in Mongolia
- Olmec - Represented by Jago Tlaloc.
- The twenty first line
- Based in Peru
- Koori - Represented by Alice Ulapala.
- The thirty fourth line.
- Based in Australia.
- Harrapan - Represented by Shari Chopra.
- The fifty fifth line.
- Based in India
- Sumerian - Represented by Kala Mozami.
- The eighty ninth line.
- Based in Dubai
- Aksumite - Represented by Hilal ibn Isa al-Salt
- The one hundred forty fourth line.
- Cahokian - Represented by Sarah Alopay.
- The two hundred thirty third line.
- Based in Illinois, USA
- Shang - Represented by An Liu
- The three hundred seventy seventh line
- Based in Japan